“But there’s a story behind everything. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begin.” -Mitch Albom
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! A mother can be a place of refuge, a best friend and advisor, a source of heartbreak, or a memory no longer within our reach. By listening to another, we receive part of a mother’s story, part of a life created by a mother, a person loved into creation by their mother.
In honor of Mother’s Day, consider donating to the JUST Listening Prison Project to support transformative listening that sees in each person the love that created them and the value of their story.
JUST Listening fosters personal, organizational, and social change and transformation through the practice of conscious, intentional, compassionate, non-egoic and non-judgmental communication skills.
Watch more videos >
Watch more videos >
JUST Listening provides a range of training, workshops, and services designed to encourage and facilitate the acquisition of the skills required to accomplish these goals. Individual and group coaching and facilitation is available for those seeking to improve work environments and effectiveness through enhanced, whole-hearted communication.
Income generated by these workshops is used to fund several volunteer programs providing Listening services to people who are poor and marginalized.
Read more >
JUST Listening is premised upon the beliefs that:
- Being heard empowers the speaker
- People hold the solutions to their own problems within
- Skilled listening is creative, opening up new possibilities for all involved, and can be a powerful tool for personal and social change.
- Although rarely consulted or listened to, people on the social margins are the best source of information and ideas about the issues facing them.
- Skilled listening is possible only when one is actively cultivating self-awareness and regular habits of reflection.
JUST Listening workshops are customized for each individual or organization, and are designed to provide participants at all competency levels with leadership tools, communication skills, and work attitudes and behaviors that result in personal, organizational, and social change and transformation.