NEW From JUST Listening:
Help support the development of JUST Listening Prison and Volunteer Projects that bring the practice of deep, relationship-based listening into prison and marginalized communities for personal and social transformation.
Watch more videos >
JUST Listening provides a range of training, workshops, and services designed to encourage and facilitate the acquisition of the skills required to accomplish these goals. Individual and group coaching and facilitation is available for those seeking to improve work environments and effectiveness through enhanced, whole-hearted communication.
Income generated by these workshops is used to fund several volunteer programs providing Listening services to people who are poor and marginalized.
Read more >
JUST Listening is premised upon the beliefs that:
- Being heard empowers the speaker
- People hold the solutions to their own problems within
- Skilled listening is creative, opening up new possibilities for all involved, and can be a powerful tool for personal and social change.
- Although rarely consulted or listened to, people on the social margins are the best source of information and ideas about the issues facing them.
- Skilled listening is possible only when one is actively cultivating self-awareness and regular habits of reflection.