JUST Listening fosters personal, organizational, and social change and transformation through the practice of conscious, intentional, compassionate, non-egoic and non-judgmental communication skills.
JUST Listening is premised upon the beliefs that:
- Being heard empowers the speaker
- People hold the solutions to their own problems within
- Skilled listening is creative, opening up new possibilities for all involved, and
- a powerful tool for personal and social change.
- Although rarely consulted or listened to, people on the social margins are the best
- source of information and ideas about the issues facing them.
- Skilled listening is possible only when one is actively cultivating self-awareness
- regular habits of reflection.
I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to teaching my blood whispers to me.-Herman Hesse