I have learned that when we begin listening to each other, and when we talk about things that matter to us, the world begins to change. Human conversation is the most ancient and easiest way to cultivate the conditions of change — personal change, community, and organizational change. Margaret Wheatley
Personal and Social Transformation Through Listening
Who is listening? Many personal and professional interactions are impaired and rendered less effective by our inability to listen to each other and communicate effectively. How can our collaborative activities yield dynamic results? What would our personal lives, workplaces, and social institutions look like if we listened deeply, profoundly, and without ego to each other’s ideas, insights, experiences, and longings? Effective communication results in: creative problem solving, efficient meetings, effective collaborations and partnerships, staff cohesion and productivity, and healthy workplace environments.
JUST Listening workshops help participants identify core personal and social impediments to listening, teach essential listening and speaking skills, and provide an opportunity to practice new, compassionate, ego-less communication techniques.
The benefits of JUST Listening training for organizations are many, and include: more effective leadership, staff cohesion and productivity, creative problem solving, efficient meetings, effective collaborations and partnerships, and healthy workplace environment.
JUST Listening trainings and workshops:
- JUST Listening for leadership teams
- Listening in Difficult Conversations: Techniques for peaceful dialogue in professional settings.
- JUST Listening for Social Service and Health Care Workers and Educators: Other-centered, ego-less listening in service contexts and environments
- JUST Listening for Attorneys: Effective Communication Skills for Advocacy Excellence
- JUST Listening for Pro Bono Attorneys: Enhancing Client Services and Outcomes
- Listening to People on the Social Margins: Listening as an Empowerment Tool
- Listening to Ourselves; Practices for Discernment: Listening to the Inner Voice
- Listening Beyond Borders: For those traveling to developing and conflict-plagued countries with service or solidarity groups
As with other JUST Listening programs, any training will be specifically designed to meet your needs. All programs are interactive, energizing, and experiential.
Facilitation Services Also Available for Difficult Conversations with Management Teams, Staff and others. Individual Coaching is also available.
For more information please contact:
SHARON BROWNING, ESQ.